Healthy Banana-Zucchini Mini Crumb Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Truvia sweetener (or 1/4 cup granulated sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (can replace with butter if desired)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. white whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil (can replace with butter if desired)
!. Preheat the oven to 375*F. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas and shredded zucchini. Beat in the egg, Truvia (or sugar) and 1/2 cup melted coconut oil.
4. Stir in the flour mixture into the banana- zucchini mixture. Don’t overtax! Spoon batter into mini muffin tins.
5. In a small bowl, melt 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Stir in 2 Tbsp. flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the tops of each muffin.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes or until tips spring back when pressed. Let cool on wire rack and then pop them out and enjoy!
*I like to put in a ziplock or airtight container for a day and then split up what is left (which there isn’t ever usually any) with a bag for the fridge and possibly one for the freezer. Zap a cold one in the microwave for 10 seconds for a warm tasty treat!